Following our trials and tribulations as we attempt to remove all grains, many starchy vegetables and most sugars from our diet while maintaining our love of good food! We strive to make all of our recipes GAPS and/or SCD compliant. Note: We didn't know about "Grain-Free Gourmet" when we chose our name. We are not affiliated with those good folks.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Menu Ideas

I know this is last minute, but some of you may still go out shopping today :) I am sorry that I haven't posted anything in a while, but my computer is currently fried. I'm hoping to have something workable in the next couple of weeks. Thankfully Sierra and Tracy have been stepping up to the plate (so to speak) in my absence. The following are ideas only. I'm not suggesting one would make everything listed below :)

Breakfast

Coconut Cappuccino
Banana-Pecan Caramel Sticky Buns (recipe will be posted today)
GAPS-friendly sausages
Poached eggs with hollandaise
Egg, onion, cheese (if you can have) and sausage or bacon casserole made in the slow-cooker overnight (pre-cook the meat, lightly beat the eggs).
Fruit salad

Dinner

Veggie Tray with homemade ranch dip (I use all homemade mayo as the base, since I can't have sour cream or creme fraiche yet)
Muttachar (curried boiled eggs)
Deviled eggs
Garlic curls (shoots) sauteed in butter
Asparagus wrapped in GAPS-friendly ham slices with hollandaise
Minted fresh (or frozen) pea soup (cooked with onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper--thickened with coconut milk)
Fruit soup (puree fresh or thawed fruit with a bit of water, honey, vanilla and coconut milk and chill until serving time)
Rack of lamb (or lamb chops) with mint sauce or herbes de provence
Sauteed baby carrots with butter and freshly snipped chives
Pinot Noir

Dessert

Peanut Butter Pie
Lemon Chiffon Pie
Cupcakes

Candy

SCD "Almond Rocca", I made mine with a mixture of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and dessicated coconut shreds instead of almonds. You can use any nut/seed combo you like. I also poured it into some silicone molds that I have to make a nicer presentation.

1 comment:

Copyright

All photographs and written materials are the sole property of the posters, as applicable by law, unless otherwise noted.