Following our trials and tribulations as we attempt to remove all grains, many starchy vegetables and most sugars from our diet while maintaining our love of good food! We strive to make all of our recipes GAPS and/or SCD compliant. Note: We didn't know about "Grain-Free Gourmet" when we chose our name. We are not affiliated with those good folks.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Gianduia Torte

If you like Nutella, you will like this torte! I made this awhile ago, before I knew that Dr. Campbell-McBride had OK'd cocoa for more advanced GAPSters. I am sorry I don't have a photo, but I am so happy I can share the recipe with you now :)

Ingredients


2 cups Hazelnuts
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup filtered water
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Method

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or butter an 8 or 9 inch round cake pan. Grind hazelnuts into a fine powder in a food processor. Melt butter and mix with honey in a medium-sized bowl. Add eggs, water and vanilla and beat until well-blended.

Pulse cocoa powder and salt into the ground hazelnuts. Gradually beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients.

Bake for 15-30 minutes until set. (Sorry I don't remember the exact time. When I make this again, I'll jot down the time and get a pic.)

1 comment:

  1. This torte sounds amazing. Not having a picture makes it even more exciting, now I HAVE to make it just to see what it looks like. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

All photographs and written materials are the sole property of the posters, as applicable by law, unless otherwise noted.